1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Our Mini Album - Thanks Talkbass

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bassboysam, Sep 28, 2009.

1. bassboysam

bassboysam Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Well after lots of hard work and lots of help from the members of talkbass, directly and indirectly, I went into the studio with the band and finally did some recordings over the past few weeks...I can say that reading and participating in this forum made things a lot easier, I had a better understanding of the process and had a good idea what to expect. I knew how to get the sound I wanted and i am very happy with the final product. Thanks again to everyone that participates on the board, there really is a plethora of information available with just a click of a button.

Here is a link to our myspace page. Any input would be appreciated.

Instrumental hard rock 3 piece.

www.myspace.com/monobrowmanband

Sam

2. Wow I really dig the vibe of Ministry Queen, not many songs make me want to smoke dope, but this one has a super oldschool rock vibe, I like it!

3. bassboysam

Apr 26, 2001
    Ottawa, Ontario
    thanks man...that song just came together one day. The second half of the song is always improvised. We did 3 takes of that one and then decided which one to keep.

4. :cool:

5. alapantera

alapantera

Mar 22, 2004
    Wisconsin
    I love the music, but that profile pic is giving me a headache. :bassist:

6. bassboysam

Apr 26, 2001
    Ottawa, Ontario
    not sure where that came from actually. Once we get some "band pictures" done we'll resolve that issue;)

7. alapantera

alapantera

Mar 22, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Much appreciated. ;)