Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Our music

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Davidoc, Apr 29, 2001.

1. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    umm dude...... i thought reedo35 was being a bit harsh but then i downloaded it, hes right. whos singing? tell them to stop. if its you sorry, maybe....just keep working at it?

2. It's not me singing, I'm on bass. Which singer is better in my shadow?

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    the singer is foreign, right?

4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Its unique.

Dude, do you know the chords the guitar is playing?

5. Dave, I have no idea how you could tell the singer was foreign, but he is from Senegal.

The guitar is playing something really simple:

for emtpy threats

C5, F5, E5, F5 over and over!

6. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Not ready for public consumtion.

7. Thanks for the replies; What parts need the most work?

8. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Power chords really aren't 5th chords....that usually would mean it would contain a 3, in which case it would just be a "Xmaj", etc. Just say power chords.

What needs work? Read what pacman said. Honestly, I can't figure out what youre trying to do with the bassline. Would you like to explaint your approach to each song (if there was one)?

Now the singer...well, how about someone tactful like Pacman, Lump, or Munjibunga can handle that. :D :D :D

9. I'll have the guitarist and backup singer in my shadow sing in the future.

For empty threats:
    The first main part (CCCA, FFFD....) was the guitarist's, and I added a... well kinda hard to explain key of F major improv to it, because all the chords to that song were in that scale/key.

In My Shadow, I wrote some E and F# Minor basslines to the lyrics I wrote. The guitarist wrote music to my lyrics. They possibly didn't work with my bass line? We all thought it sounded good (the guitar/bass mix)

10. Oh yes, angus thanks for the info on 5/powerchords. I heard somewhere that a 5 chord was a root and a fifth, and the one with the root, 3 and 5 was called a major triad. Oh well.

11. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Well, 1-3-5 is a maj triad, but a chord built of those is simply Xmaj, not Xmaj5. Same thing really, but its just written as Xmaj.

Now, wasn't the guitar player playing power chords? Honestly, im not listening to the song, and i can't remember.

12. well, i really need to learn how to actually play, because im so damned confused with all this xmaj f5 e5 yadda yadda yadda. all i know for actually notes is EADG. i can read tab, but thats not good enough. but about your music, im downloading it right now(damned 56K), and i'll give you some feedback when its done...

13. the bass doesnt really go to well with the guitars, and you kinda need some drums, but the worst part i'd say is the singer. he is all off beat with the music, and has no rhythm. maybe its just because its a really bad recording. there's my opinion.

14. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Out of tune, too. Well, pretty much lacks any thoughts to pitch and intervals.

15. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Davy0: No offense, but I don't know how this bass line goes. It sounds just like your going all over the fret board for no reason.. Which isn't always a good thing. Make bassline thats rhythmic with the guitars and to the singer. thats how you make bass lines.. or tell the singer to sing in rhythm with you guys.. the bass is not even in rhythm with the guitar/vocals. The vocalist isn't great.. even doh he can sing better than me.. but your bass is all over the place and its pretty sloppy.. play more in rhythm with your guitarist.. don't go all over the place just to look cool.. be in rhythm..... play with a click also(Drummer first).. then lemme listen to it again .. thats all.. Main thing is the vocalist and the bass line.. the guitar isn't bad other than not in rhythm but the bass.... make those lines more simpler.. thats all

DM :D