Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Our own Bijoux

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by vanderbrook, Apr 24, 2002.

1. vanderbrook

vanderbrook Some days, I miss frets... Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    You've seen him post here. Last night I caught him, guitarist Ross Martin and drummer Marc Dalio at The Purple Martini in "LoDo" (lower downtown Denver).

I guess I'm either going to have to start practicing 20 hours a day or give up The Bass entirely. :(

If you ever get a chance to check this group out, do it. Bijoux is the caliber of bassist I might hope to be in the life after my next life. (Nice sound, too, from the Korean bass with the Realist/Trinity mic rig through the G-K.) And the guitarist and drummer are the sort of players I would kill to work with (if I were really good enough). Playing a Strat-like G&L, Martin has clearly heard of Pat Metheny. And although he doesn't seem to bring anyone else to mind quite like Martin, Dalio is an inventive, listening drummer.

I've probably exceeded the adulation quota, so I'll leave it at that. Besides, I've gotta go type up my resignation so I can start practicing 20 hours a day... :D

2. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    Thanks for your kind words, and I am looking forward to see you playing down at the club, Thanks again.

3. This sounds like the type of gig I need to check out on my big trip to the US of A next month,any suggestions of other nice gigs between 15th May and the 2nd June would be more than welcome.
    The planned route is from LA to Vegas,onwards and upwards to Denver,across to Salt Lake,west to San Francisco and back down the coast to LA and San Diego.
    I know,you guys go further for a burger and fries but this is a monster trip for someone who lives on an island not much bigger than Manhatten!
    I would be interested in anything from Bluegrass,Jazz,Rockabilly or Celtic.
    Thanks for any replies.

4. Steve,

It's too bad you'll be on the wrong coast.

5. Yeah,when my credit card recovers from this one I`ll be saving for that one!

6. Jeez........ seem`s you were right all along David,there is no music on that side of the country!