Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Our own studio!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Shuller, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Shuller

Shuller

Feb 2, 2003
    moscow, russia
    I am and have been the happiest man for a month now. Me and my guitarist have finally got the cash to rent a semi-basement in the center of our city and buy a heck of a lot of equipment, almost everything necessary to record profesionally. Just put up a brick wall yesterday to divide the 50 metre room into two. Got sound isolation coming up tomorrow. After two years with my band and 5 crap quality demos we're gonna do the first proper full-lenght album ourselves. The great thing is, after the album is done we're gonna try recording other small bands. Maybe we'll be able to help the local scene.
    Theres no question I wanna ask but rather, share my joy of the moment.

Thank you

2. Congrats dude, I hope you have loads of fun with it! Good luck with the recording.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    That is cool for you guys.

Add some furniture, and a fridge. That way you can move in! :)

4. I sure as hell would! Thats sweet.

5. Shuller

Shuller

Feb 2, 2003
    moscow, russia
    We are!

I'm taking my futon and so is he. We're buying a little fridge and an electrical cooker. As we're both still in college we're gonna there mostly at night time. Our drummer, who's twice as old as us, works accross the road so as soon as finishesh work he's gonna be joining us. We figured that after two years we're not where we wanna be -proffesionaly. So this is a major step and one we can't afford to mess up.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Lucky dog!!

I wish I was single, and free to do something like that!

7. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Awesome, that's how I got into recording. I bought a bunch of equipment just for myself and once I got better at it I started advertising. Eventually I was making some pretty decent money.