1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Our Warwick Star Bass Semi-Hollowbody basses

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by WarwickOfficial, Mar 22, 2013.

1. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    [​IMG]

The perfect craftsmanship and innovative solutions found on our semi-hollowbody guitars and basses easily prove that we are among the premier manufacturers of such instruments with a company-owned manufacturing facility world-wide.

Our stunning semi-acoustic instruments are the perfect embodiment of the entire scope of our trademark synthesis between traditional craftsmanship and cutting-edge production techniques.

The tops and backs of our semi-acoustic instruments come with two bookmatched veneers that have been joined together. Merging two wafer-thin sheets of wood together is an extremely delicate process, which normally results in a noticeable seam at the glue joint. What is immediately apparent with our veneers is the absence of this seam. Thanks to our special manufacturing techniques, our Mayfield guitars and Star Bass II basses come with beautiful, seamless top veneers for a stunning and unique appearance.

The beautifully curved sides of the Mayfield and Star Bass II models are crafted from solid wood which has been shaped using special molds crafted by using cutting-edge CNC technology. But thatÂ’s not all: for perfect stability, they are fitted into special CNC- shaped frames found in the inside of the backs of our semi-hollowbody instruments.

Our tone blocks, too, are crafted using our 5 axis CNC processing centers, which not only provides all of our semi-hollowbody instruments with a perfect bond between their backs and tops but also makes them comfortably lightweight. We exclusively use solid woods to craft the sides of our instruments, and utilize veneers only for special wood species which are not available as solid lumber. Thanks to our combination of the very best that tradition and cutting-edge technology have to offer, we craft semi-hollowbody instruments with a quality that you will hardly find anywhere else!

2. I have a question about these. Why is the 4 string model a 32" scale instument?

I'd love to get a fretless four string 34" scale model. Is the neck pocket interchangable with other 2010+ Warwick necks? Maybe even Rockbass necks?

3. Greg_S

Greg_S Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Colorado
    What are the case product numbers for the star bass, both gig bag and road case? Thanks.

4. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Matthew 84,

Where did you find that information? The Star Bass II is a long scale instrument (34"). As for the interchangeability of the neck, the Star Bass has a set-neck and so is not easily swapped out.

Hope this answers your question! :)

Jesse
    Warwick/Framus USA

5. Sorry, I always looked at the Rockbass version. I guess there's no way to get a 4 string Rockbass at 34"?

6. Greg_S

Greg_S Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Jesse,

I'm told there are cases you make for the Star Bass, correct? If yes, can you please tell me the part number for the bag and the case? Thanks

7. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Hi Greg S,

Yes, we make special bags & cases for the hollow-body basses:

Premium Hollow Body Bass Black -- RB 20631 B/PLUS
    Flight Case Hollow Body Bass Black -- RC 10808 B

Best,

Jesse at Warwick USA

8. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Matthew,

I'm sorry, I did not realize you were asking about our RockBass Star Bass. You are correct, the 4-string RockBass Star Bass is only available with a 32" scale length.

I hope this clears things up. Regardless, the RockBasses play and sound amazing. I hope you get a chance to try one out for yourself!

Sincerely,
    Jesse at Warwick USA

9. Mr. Ray

Mr. Ray

Feb 20, 2009
    Canada
    The Chinese Star Bass 4 string is 32" scale. Do you know if any of your dealers have old stock of the 34" scale Korean Star Bass 4?