Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

out for delivery

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Indiana Mike, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    :hyper: My new 4003 Jet Glo is "out for delivery".:hyper:
    I feel it is going to be a long day!

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
  3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I've had that day too.

Hopefully you've got someone manning the door...I had UPS leave a very expensive bass on my doorstep, just feet away from the busy sidewalk!

4. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
    But ain't it FUN!

5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    "Out for delivery"

*sigh*
    My three favorite words in the English language!!

:D

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yep. Just heard them last Thursday morning. Makes for a long day, though.:)

7. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

+1 on having someone man the door. The geniuses at UPS chose to simply leave my Lakland sitting on my front porch without letting me know about it. Fortunately, I am a stay-at-home dad in a suburban area, and no one touched it, but I'm no longer quite so trusting of the fellas in borwn.

8. Awsome. Get some pics up soon after it arrives!

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Funny that the Kev-meister posts in this thread. IIRC, you chased your UPS man down the street the last time you had something "out for delivery". :D

-Mike

11. i have the same bass, but mine was made in 2004

its going to be worth the wait, post pics on arrival.

12. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    When I ordered mine last December, I requested 2 day air delivery...expecting it would come FedEx (Im a FedEx driver, so I wouldve got it before it went on a truck...at 7:30 am.) But no, they shipped it UPS, and it arrived at 8:20 that night! :eek: I was his next to last stop for the day. I let it thaw out overnight, and the next day discovered that the corner of the case had been crushed hard enough to cause a small tear. The bass was unharmed. Maybe I am biased, but I won't trust UPS with an instrument ever again. Packages get broken sometimes with any carrier you choose, but shipping FedEx Express is the safest and most reliable-thats why it costs more. ;)

13. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Great words. I have read them many times.

I have an OFD today as well. It's our crib. Oh, how things have changed.

I have only had one mishap with UPS. Box was damaged, but road case wasn't. I have used FedEx as well. I have had similar results with both...basically good.

I do often question if people pack properly. I know UPS says at least 2" of packing between the item and box. When I shipped my road case I don't think I had 2" of clearence. Other items that were packed better had no issues.