out for the count

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Microbass, Aug 27, 2003.

1. on sunday i had a really bad bail on my skates when i jumped a set of stairs, and crushed the tendons in my left wrist.

since it was so swollen teh docs couldnt decide if i had a fracture, but according to my story they find it maybe quite likely.

its been bearly 4 days and I havent played my bass.. my beautiful bass. I AM LOSING MY MIND

i want to play..

ill have a splint for another week, thne i have to get a check up and more x-rays to see if i have a fracture. on monday i had a real scare; and my whole hand went numb; pins and needles. i'm really worried that i may have done damage to the carpal tunnel. geh.

have to get it out... i really wanna play.

did i mention i wanna play?
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, man, that sucks. take care of those mits - they're your ticket to musical freedom. without em it's going to be hard to get the music out, know what i mean?

i used to be very heavily into martial arts along with music. when i decided that i wanted to make a living as a musician i decided i wasn't going to be involved in martial arts anymore, at least not the same ones, because of the potential injuries to my hands. even though i really miss the arts, i don't regret my decision one bit.
  3. i dont know if i could give up skating, im already wanting to go out again.

im defiantly packing in my rugby career, however.

*sigh* life is hard with one hand! :( ;)
  4. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    dude, you need to be more careful!!

i hope you heal up

5. Geez, martial arts?! You could kill anyone here! With bass talent:D .

But on a more serious note, skateboarding, biking, and other stuff, there is always a big risk, but what happens happens. Try to look on the bright side.....if there is one...:meh: :(

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    aw, gawrsh. :D flattery will get you everywhere :)
  7. thats not a pretty image, jt!! :oops: :eek: :D

thanks for the words... like said above, take of your hands, take care of yourself.

rock on, i cant. :bawl: :D
  8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
  9. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    I broke my left arm once, but I had a big show coming up (this was at a time where I hardly played out so every show was a big deal). I couldn't handle not doing the show, so I taught myself to play with my left arm over the neck (the only way the cast would allow), playing upside down. It was an interesting site. I actually had some local music mags show up because they heard about this kid playing bass with a broken arm. Good stuff!
  10. Noooo! :(:bawl:

Such a good bassist too...:(

Get well soon dude.

The Grabber will miss you:bawl:

I hope everything's ok!
  11. I broke my right wrist skateboarding once :) Gave that up ;) But luckily that was before I started playing bass even though my wrist gets sore faster than it should so I can't play slap bass for long periods of time. Also in 6th grade during football I got nailed in the right ankle and that ankle hasn't been the same since...still hurts randomly sometimes. Also, about a month after my wrist healed I broke my middle finger on my right hand :) That was fun during school ;).

Back to you - Hope it's nothing more serious than a fracture. Just rest it and pray every night ;) Get better man ~ Tyler
  12. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    well it will get better, if it makes you feel better im in the same boat..... well the boat next to you any way. ive got tendoinits(CS) and i cant play (even thou ive played every day this week) i just cant help myself its like not having your morning coffie(if your a coffie person)
  13. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Sad, but all too common m8. Wheels on the feet do not bode well for dexterity later on. Hope all is well, but to be honest, pray for a simple fracture rather than soft tissue damage.

Good luck bro.

14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Didja ever see that TV show, Jackass?
  15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    whew...that's a stinker.

I have(thankfully) never broken or sprained anything(though I twisted my ankle REALLY bad once) I used to skateboard, and I still do a little(I guess) It's fun, but I never got good at it.

my claim to fame though...I can ollie really frecken high.

I can't do much in the way of jumping over things, or flip tricks or any of that.

but my stationary ollie is nearly 3 feet. :D :eek: :p

well, get better microbuddy! hope it heals as quick as possible, with no lasting damage.