1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Out of sight and out of mind

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by grifff, Oct 14, 2009.

1. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    Sorry if this is the wrong section.

I'm really a true believer in keeping you basses on stands where you can see them.

I recently started doing this and instead of surfing TB I will actually pick up my bass and play it. When I kept them in cases it was just too much of a hassle to get them out. As soon as I get out of class I come home and see the bass and I practice.

This has been a real revelation to me although I'm sure many of you have known this for a while. From now on I will always be keeping my basses in plain sight because it really motivates me to practice. Anyone who feels like they just don't have the time/motivation to play, try putting your bass out on a stand.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    my basses all hang on the wall behind me. Each one gets picked up and played at least a couple minutes every day

3. My basses are each side of my computer. Always in my field of vision

4. tobin999

tobin999

Aug 19, 2009
    st.paul
    i can see my bass now

5. I'll do you one better. I have 4 hanging on the wall, one leans on the couch, 2 are at my brother's house, 2 are at my parent's house, one is at my girlfriend's house. Hell if they'd let me keep one at work I would. LOL

6. PBass101

PBass101

Jul 3, 2008
    Illinois
    My bass is at the foot of my bed. It's the first thing I see in the morning! :p :hyper: I'm in college, and I play 2-3 hours a day, sometimes more, rarely less.

And yes, I do have a social life, thank you.

7. Rushpwnsx

Rushpwnsx

May 23, 2008
    I also started doing this about 2 months ago. If I put my bass away, then I'd have to tune it again, but if I leave it on a stand, it doesn't go out of tune for a long time.

I'd only get my bass out every few days, but when I started using a stand, I play it all of the time. When I'm watching movies or Youtube videos, reading the forums (I'm playing right now), et cetera. Sometimes I play songs, sometimes I play randomly until I come across a good idea for a bassline.

8. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    i actually play all day while im on here and stare at my other bass...when im not on here at works

9. I have my basses right by me

3278771607_4cff5e52c4.

serves two purposes:

1. To make it easy to practice

2. To psychologically slap my wrist saying "You have FOUR basses you dont need any more"
    I still peruse the classifieds tho
    and Im still trying to justify a 5th LOL

10. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    They're all over the place ...

:bag:

DA_J_01-1.

11. We have a 3 year old and a 5 year old at home. Basses (& guitars) are safely cased. As much as I wish I could have them out, it's not practical. At least one comes out to play every evening, though. Which one (of 12) depends on my mood.

12. bass4worship

bass4worship Ready For Freddy, let rock Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    My stay in the case. I don't like it when someone tell they just damage it.

13. I'm actually holding mine as I write this :D

14. I rotate my 3 basses. Always have at least 1 or 2 on stands and 1 or 2 in cases.