Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

out tapping the hamm

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by hateater, Mar 30, 2003.

1. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Stu Hamm is truly BADASS. The question is however, does anyone know of a bassist thatcan out tap him? (BTW I mean electric bass tapping- not stick tapping).

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    There are [lots], but it's not a contest.

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yep.
    Plenty of them.
    Now, outplaying is not exactly important and it doesn't mean much when you reach such levels.

4. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I guess what I said was a little vague. I was wondering who can tap like him or better, so that I could possibly make a purchase of their records. I love Stu Hamm's music, and I just wanted to hear even more of his style...

5. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Michael Manring, Victor Wooten, Billy Sheehan and Dave Larue make a living off of it.

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Brian Bromberg, Roy Vogt, Oteil Burbridge, Ben Hüllenkremer, Frieder Gottwald, etc.

7. You know, I've been wondering about that too...I have that one Hamm CD OutBound and I love it. I think i"m gonna check into some more of those players...Any records that Dave LaRue was on? I keep seeing him and I still haven't heard any of his things...and any Brian Bromberg songs? Thanks a bundle!

8. Dave Larue has a solo cd out, forgot the name. And you can goto his website, I believe its www.davelarue.com, and he has some soundclips there. And for Brian Bromberg you might want to check out his latest cd titled "JACO". Its a great cd all bassist should own.

9. Fieldy...:bassist:

10. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Hey, the title of this thread is OUT tapping the hamm, not tapping HAM. :p

11. Oops...sorry...

I have Hub City Kid by LaRue and that one is good. I love the Steve Morse Band CDs, too.

I also have Bromberg's JACO along with You Know That Feeling CDs and they are cool, too.

www.audiophileimports.com

Check it out!