Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

out with an old in with a new

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Goretopsy, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Goretopsy

Goretopsy

Feb 19, 2002
    il
    I recently bought a used Yamaha BB5000 on impulse without really thinking to hard about it. and as it turned out I really wasnt too happy with it (it was very clicky and had bad tuners and poor wiring) so thanks to the great return policy at guitar center i got my 480 in store credit, and looked around and about and hour later i walked out with a brand new MIM Fender Jazz bass V in midnightwine. (and one of those rockstands that holds 7 guitars but that dosnt matter as much as the bass) So far from the 5 straight hours of playing im really liking it, but I was thinking about "pimping" it out with a j-retro, some seymour ducan bassline hot stacks, and a chrome pickguard. (i like active electronics better and no poles) But the bass is great even for being all stock (somthing none of my other basses are) and oddly I accutally like how the unmatched headstock looks (maybe its cuz i own this one who knows) i'd get a picture but everyone knows what it looks like so ill do it once i get some up grades or somthing. thats about it im done

2. Goretopsy

Goretopsy

Feb 19, 2002
    il
    hoenstly I dont know. Its a Norweigen death metal band that Ive never heard, but there's a story behind the band involving my band and scar culture. We (y band severed) were at one of their (scar culture) shows at rileys rockhouse (il) and as the showwent on there was this guy in the back selling all death metal cds, and the guitarist of scar culture (who was selling the merch for his band) comes over to the booth with a hand full of cds and one of the bands was goretopsy. basically his band and ours made many jokes about the band throughout the night and pretty much any death metal band has been refered to as goretopsy since then