Out with the old, in with the new...again...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassmonkeee, May 24, 2005.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    As much as I liked my Custom Shop Relic Pbass, I simply don't have any desire to play any of my 4 string basses anymore. Don't get me wrong--It always sounded great, felt great, and played great. In fact, it was probably the nicest playing PBass I've played. But, it wasn't getting used, so it had to go bye-bye.

In its place is now a Sadowsky Metro RV5 in Sonic Blue. :hyper:

It looks like this one, but I think I have a rosewood fretboard while this one appears to have morado. I'll find out when I call Sadowsky.

http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/view/m271.html

It'll be getting Sadowsky flatwounds installed as soon as I get it home, too. And, I'll be taking some pics of my actual bass, too. :bassist:

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That is a pretty bass, if that were a woman, my wife might have to sue me for divorce!

3. It's comforting to know that I can now play a Sadowsky and not have a salesman and/or cash register anywhere in the vicinity!
    Congrats man, another great addition.

4. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Heh--yeah, but you'll also be able to play one a lot more often, too. That can't be good.

Here are som pics that I took when I got it home. I've already installed the Dunlops and I threw a set of Sadowsky flatwounds on there as quickly as I could, too. This bass is not too heavy and the fretwork is impecable.

[​IMG]

Another thing I did was change the way the knob markers are oriented. This next shot shows the knobs in their zero postion (blend is at 50/50). This way makes more sense to me than the default setup.

[​IMG]

I've already been on the phone with Sadowsky to order a mint pickguard and a bell pickup cover for the neck pickup. I love the sound of flats played with a pick close to the neck, and I love resting my hand on the cover even more. :D

Can't decide if I like the creme strap with it:

[​IMG]

I'm really impressed with the soft case that came with it, too. I normally don't want to bother with cases for gigs, but I think this one will actually see something besides the dark recesses of my closet.

I should have some soundboard clips of this bass this weekend. I've got a gig at a place that burns everything to cd, so I should have 3 hours of material for Sadowsky and Bongo clips. :D

5. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Holy cow, that Sad is sweet! I love the colour.

6. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Yeah, I was glad that my favorite player wasn't your typical sunburst, or natural. Sonic Blue is such a great color--I can't wait to see it with the mint pickguard.

7. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    love the colour but I think the mint might clash, go tort :p. I'm not big on Sadowsky's (Although if I played one I'm sure I'd eat my words) But I really dig this one!

8. Ahem... :hyper:

I'll vacuum the shop if you'll bring it over. :eek:

Funny, I wouldn't have put it by Dave - he would buy anything :D, but I didn't take you for a Bab..er...Sonic Blue kinda guy! ;)

9. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    hey is that a fat lil kitty in the background? pics!!! :D

10. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Heh--you do remember that I had a bass refinished in pink....err.....burgundy mist, right? :D

I'll bring it over at some point in the near future so you can put your ham prints on it. :eek:

Although, we really need to get the ATL contingent together in the near future....

11. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Heh--I was wondering if anyone would notice him. That's Orson. Dave is deathly afraid of Orson because Orson has a desire to see Dave deceased, or at the very least, maimed. :bag:

Here he is in a very relaxed state.

[​IMG]

12. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Looks awesome. Congrats Jason. I was never a big fan of sonic blue until my old guitarist got a sonic blue strat, but it grew on me in a hurry. Let us know how you like it after the next gig.

13. Nice bass, and nice strap! I like the creme color.

14. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    orson is a great cat name , specially for a helipad like him :D

so , you have a relic fretless you wanna trade ?

15. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Sweet, I've got Namm # 3 RV5 a little darker blue, you will be VERY HAPPY.

16. :D
    Well, that bass has one too many strings and one too many numbers in the price! But, you know me -- no color is beyond consideration.
    I'm looking forward to playing the Sadowsky. When we first ventured to the Bass Gallery, Jason played every Metro 5 they had and kept putting them down until he came to that one. I don't think he even had the Custom Shop P at that point! He's had quite the year in gear, and it's only May.

17. :help:

18. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    That's our small cat.

19. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Make that 2 Sadowskys! Anytime you wanna play mine, drop me a line.

20. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Nice cat, I mean.... bass!! :rolleyes: