Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Outboard Eq'ing To Make My 75 P More Slap Friendly?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lowdown, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Lowdown

Lowdown

Feb 6, 2000
    It's a great bass, but not a great slapper (which I'm called to on occasion). I'm thinking about an outboard pedal. Something with boost/EQ capabilities maybe? Any suggestions? Graphic Eq w/ boost? Compressor/Enhancer? I definitely want something with a true bypass. I don't want to alter the original greasiness of this baby.

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Sadowsky makes a nice outboard preamp I've been told. I think that can get you that scooped sound for slapping. Both pickups full that sucker should be a slap monster with the right EQ. You don't want to mess with the EQ on your amp?

3. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I have the sadowsky outboard and the aguilar outboard. On a P bass , I felt the Aguilar was a better fit. The Sadowsky has more balance, but I felt the aguilar could be used the entire time without losing the pbass sound. IMO the sadowsky added more of a "sheen" than the aguilar did. However on a Jazz bass I feel just the opposite.