Outboard eqs with cut?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 6-3-2, Apr 23, 2004.

1. 6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Do they exist? I found one with treble cut, the M-Box by Atelier Z, and a mid-cut on the Fodera eq, but I don't really want a mid cut. Either way, anybody know of an outboard eq that has both treble cut/boost and bass boost/cut?
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    MXR M-80
    Sansamp BDDI
    Fishman Platinum Bass EQ

Probably a few others too, my brain fails me right now
  3. sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    I was actually wondering how hard it would be to build one. Bart makes a nice boost/cut preamp. Put it in a box with the battery...

just a thought.
  4. 6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    I just snagged a SansAmp Bass Driver DI today, real nice pedal, with lots of warmth, thanks for the info.
  5. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    One interesting idea I've seen used on several instruments lately is the passive treble-cut control in combination with an active treble boost. The idea is, you set the frequencies slightly differently on the two controls, so you get some flexibility when you use the two of them in combination. F bass does this, and I was just up on JP Basses' site and saw this same arrangement on one of those. The treble-cut is really simple to build, it's just a pot and a capacitor.
  6. sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL

or get the bartolini that uses both treble and bass boost and cut. That way you don't have to have a passive tone unless you just really want one.