Outdoor gig and my avatar came through

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by orskard, Jun 6, 2005.

1. orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Hey guys, i just played at relay for life at my high school and it was on our football field. OH MAN, when i first heard that, i was like there is no way my avatar 2x10 delta will be able to keep up.

Some how my avatar was the only amp to be heard out there. Compared to my guitarists marshall and fender 60+ watt combos.

Normaly we play in TINY cramped coffee house that they pack 150+ people in and im pushing my amp just to be heard. And it was nice to the be the one heard and have them scrambling to be louder.

Those avatars are good deals. I jsut wish i had more bass, thats why im looking at the 2x12.[​IMG]
  2. remo

Jan 15, 2005
    man.. get the 212 and never look back...!
    what amp is pushing the 210 atm?
  3. orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    QSC PLX 1202 into a RBI
  4. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Cool pic! Awesome music video potential. Glad to hear that Avatar 2x10 held up outdoors. Pushing that much wattage through it I'm sure helps a lot. Wait til you hear it with a 2x12!

5. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    yes, looks like a music video for sure.

it's always nice when things work out, (especially when you can smoke those pesky guitar players).

FWIW, there is a good chance that you'll get a lot more bass just by adding a 2nd 210. but im sure the rig would really smoke with a 212 and a 210.

Gee, i really have to hear some avatar cabs one day.
  6. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Amen to that, I've heard so much about them that I really want to check them out for myself.
  7. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Avatar cabs aren't magic or some sort of drastic super cab that kills all other cabs. They are just cabs that work, arguably as well as lots of other cabs, especially when you factor in the lower cost.

I had a 4x10. It sounded pretty good, I wasn't putting much wattage into it, I didn't know too much about changing settings at the time, and it was majorly heavy. I eventually went with something else because of a combination of these reasons. Mostly because it was heavy and I felt like going with a two cab set up.

But honestly, I've been thinking majorly about a 2x12 + 2x10 set up...especially if the Neo cabs can cut the weight down even more. True, I'm not looking to prove they can kill Bergantinos or Schroeders or my Mesas. But I'm looking for it to sound around 90% as good (or who knows, maybe better) and save a bunch of money. If this happens, I consider it a success.

Only drawbacks for me was the carpet covering with no factory option to do anything different. Always worried me that something would spill on it or whatever. But overall, very tough cabs, great prices, and it works. Preference will make it sound more or less than this, but it'll be somewhere around there.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Cool man. I am playing with some guys at the local Relay For Life in my town in three weeks.

Good to hear the Avatars did a good job for you. I used two Avatar SB112's the first time we did the Relay a few years ago.

9. remo

Jan 15, 2005
    I've posted thi pic before but heres my 210 212 Avatar rig.. it really pumps.. mackie 1400 + RBI = 500w a side into each 4ohm cab.