My band plays a fund raising Fall Festival at our lead player's kids' school every year, this was our 8th time doing it. It's an outdoor carnival type thing with all of the power coming from generators, which usually don't give us enough juice. This year we told them our power needs and they assured us we'd have enough juice. Well, we did have a massive generator all to ourseolves. The only problem was, we found out AFTER we turned our gear on to do a sound check, that the thing was putting out 165 volts. The lead player's Marshall popped it's fuse, everything else tripped their auto-protect circuits. After we found out the problem and had it corrected, we fired up everything again. Everything worked fine except for our two powered sub-woofers. They were dead. We tried everything we could think of. We even took the backs off to see if there was a reset switch inside. All that happened there was that I got shocked when I put my hand inside and felt around for the switch, even though they weren't plugged in to anything. The electrician told us that capacitors can hold onto a charge for about 15 minutes even when unplugged. The short version is that they never came back to life, so we played the gig without them. Everything else ended up going off fine, but I'm afraid we fried the subs. I'm going to call Carvin to see what they say before I take them in for a look at a place here in town. Not looking for replies or sympathy, I just needed to vent. Ugh!!!!!