1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Outdoor Gig Setup for Noob

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by CerealKiller, Oct 2, 2013.

1. CerealKiller

CerealKiller

Jul 29, 2008
    Norfolk, VA
    I have recently teamed up with an acoustic player/singer as a duo act. Will be playing a small set at an outdoor gazebo venue very close to the beach. Have only played a few small indoor gigs where I just played through my rig only. Sound man has asked us how we want to set-up, but I'm not sure.

I have a SWR 350x with 1x15 & 2x10 (350W) and a small pedal board with a VT Bass.

I'm thinking I don't need a whole lot of boom, but the open space concerns me. I was originally thinking that I could go straight from my VT Bass to the PA (mixed?), but was suggested to mic the cabs. It's a single set with multiple acts through the day on a tight schedule. Worried about setting up my rig and breaking down in time too. Sorry about my ignorance here, but completely clueless on what to do here.

Any suggestions?

2. gareth dunster

gareth dunster

Dec 8, 2009
    DI it

3. +1, keep it simple, use your rig for on-stage monitoring, it'll be plenty :cool:

4. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Just tell the soundman what you have and if he is competent he will know what to do. Tell him if you have an xlr or 1/4 line-out on your amp. Him miking your cab will be for FOH and shouldn't affect you one way or the other.