Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

outdoor gig with a schroeder 21012

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CrackBass, Dec 4, 2004.

1. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    i just had my first gig with my 21012. oh my god! it was pure heaven. it was an outdoor gig in the middle of a big parking lot. that 21012 just threw the sound out there. i thought it sounded good inside but it really opened up when i put the juice to it. and it wieghs in at 74 pounds. i didn't even run a di to our board. this cab is the first one i've tried that translates from fingerstyle to slap seamlessly. i can get an oldschool fingerstyle tone out of it and a modern slap tone without changing the first eq setting. it sits in the mix perfectly. i could hear myself but it wasn't so overbearing that it stomped on the guitar.(actually this is the only gig i've ever had that i asked my guitar player to turn up!) it looks so tiny but it sounds so good. thank you jorg!!! now i'm gassin' only for new basses. it never ends but what fun would it be if it did.

ever had the feeling that you could bury the rest of the band if you wanted to? it's a good feeling. the one cab solution i was searching for has arrived.

btw we play a combination of rock pop and funk style music and i'm competing with a 100 watt tube half stack(loud) and a heavy handed drummer with a dw set that is really loud (and also miked)

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    [​IMG]

I can't get enough of mine! Glad you dig it!!! :bassist:

3. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Great to hear!!!

Live is where these cabs will scare you!

Keep us posted on other gigs in different locations and also be sure to get us a Picture for the site. I know Jorg would love to have you and your band info on his site for people to check out.

4. I had the same results out of my 21012 on a concerts in the park booking this summer. The company doing the sound said very little bass was needed in the pa cause it sounded so good from the stage.

5. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Congratulations!

These are very good days to be bass players.