Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Outdoor Sound

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steve S, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I'll be playing at a street dance this weekend and we're supposed to set up in a garage. Where would be the best place to place my speakers? Toward the front of the garage or towards the back?

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Speakers for your bass rig? I suggest barely inside the garage, that way, it projects outside and to the sides well, but you're stuff is covered in case it rains.

3. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Yeah, your gonna wanna project. I suggest that all of the amps and speakers be in front of the band. I hope that your packing some power and (at least) a 15" cab. I actually conducted a little test with outdoor playing a few days ago with the guys... :bag: and lemme tell you...

900W, Four 10's, and one 15 sounded more like half the power and maybe two 12's (rough estimate). I turned down the gain on the 15 to tinker with it a bit more... Fuhgetaboutit! :spit: It was like playing a friggon combo at MSG! I was boosting low EQ's and unstacking cabs and all kindsa stuff!

4. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    Yea, that's what I'm afraid of...