Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Output from a Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by number three, Nov 26, 2002.

1. number three

number three

Aug 29, 2002
    Any one know what kind of output these things do? I'm having a hell of a time figuring out if I've got things right setting up my amp rig. I was planning on using the sansamp BDDI for a preamp. Come to find out there output is a little weak to drive some power amps. Apparently the SABDDI puts out 0dBu ( I'm a little new to all this fancy talk) On my Carver PM900 the manual says

Input Sensitivity (full output)...1.7VRMS, +6.8dBu

I think this means my amp wants 6.8dBu not 0dBu, right?

So, I read a guy on here used an Art Tube MP to raise his signal. I looked at there website, it seems like the thing to do. Although it says that it will raise the output by however you dial it in PLUS what the input is. Here's my theory:

Bass ( passive pickups ) > Sansamp GT2 (on sometimes for nasty overdrive) > Sansamp Bass Driver (on all the time) > Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus (on 90% of the time) > Art Tube MP >
    Carver PM900 (900 watts bridged into 8 ohms) >
    Avatar 410 (Haven't gotten yet, very soon)

My question is, will the CEB-3 be putting out something different than the SABDDI? And do I have to find out what this is to raise the signal the proper amount. Just how exact does one have to be with this tube mp device? And is any of this making any sense? My head hurts.