Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

output on peavey TNT 115S

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nirvanafan13, Jul 5, 2001.

1. nirvanafan13

nirvanafan13

Apr 14, 2000
    Austin, TX
    there are two outputs on my peavey TNT 115S and i have tried to plug in a n 8 ohm 15" cab and it didn't work. am i doin something wrong or is my amp just messed up?there is also a knob that reads x-over freq and you can put it on 200Hz -2KHz .. should i turn that to a certain position? PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks ,
    Evan

2. Those xover outputs on the TNT are not powered outputs for speakers...they are to run into an external power amp which would then be connected to another cabinet. Its so you can have the highs and lows sent to seperate cabs...for instance you could have all the lows handled by the TNT itself and send the high out through into the power amp with a 2X10 to handle the highs. That's who crossover works. The TNT's, at least to my knowledge, weren't made with external speaker jacks. You can download a copy of the manual for your amp at www.peavey.com They even had a manual for my old 1983 TNT 130 model. Its in pdf form though so you have to a Acrobat Reader to open it.

3. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    You can not have an external speaker with the TNT 115S.

I own one and even if I love this "heavy weight" Amp, I want to upgrade for one that will allow me to use an external speaker.