Output only with instrument plug in halfway Musicman Nordstrand 4.2 wired in series on Warwick

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by etherealme, Jun 28, 2020.

1. etherealme

etherealme Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Louisiana
    Hi all.

Need some help here. I am getting a weird outcome. I only get output when the plug to amp is unplugged halfway into the jack.

I am wired up passive in series to VV (no tone) pots and 2 Nordstrand MM 4.2 pickups to a Warwick Rockbass body. Initially I had zero output with the stock Warwick jack which I changed out to an Epiphone 3 terminal jack of a similar design configuration.

On the output jack:
    The longest outer ring terminal is to GROUND, the second longest center terminal to HOT. The third (shortest which usually goes to blue or battery) is left unattached.

Series Wiring as follows:
    Black = HOT. Green + Bare Wire = GROUND. Red and White together

What's going on here?

I get a solid output with great sound when plugged in only halfway now. Both pots functioning the way they should volume neck and volume bridge. As I stated before, the previous Warwick stock jack which looks nearly identical did nothing wired up the exact same configuration.

Thanks!

2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

the shortest one is the Signal, you have them backwards
    Ring goes to the negative lead of the battery:

Switching-Grounded-Stereo-Guitar-Jack-Iron-Age-Guitar-Accessories.jpg

rojo412 and etherealme like this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022