Output Problems

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by NTL, Aug 26, 2009.

1. NTL

NTL

Mar 1, 2007
    Buffalo, NY
    I bought a used Ibanez SRX 400 about 3 months ago and it has been working great until this week. I was on vacation last week and left my bass in its case in my basement, assuming that would be the best place to leave it since my apartment has no air conditioning.

When I got back on Sunday the volume on my bass was significantly lower than usual and the output sounded a bit distorted. Since then it has gotten worse and is now at the point that there are only occasional spurts of noise that come from my bass.

I have tested the cable and amp with my drum machine and they both seem to be working fine. What could be wrong and how could I diagnose the problem?

Thanks.

2. If Active, it could be the battery.

3. NTL

NTL

Mar 1, 2007
    Buffalo, NY
    That might be it. I didn't even think about that, never had active pickups before. I'll try and pick up a new battery and try it out.

Thanks.

4. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    [​IMG]

5. rcarraher

rcarraher

Dec 21, 2008
    Ditto! Change the battery, although it shouldn't run down just sitting in the case. Usually, I have to leave mine plugged in all night with the amp turned on to wake up to this!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 25, 2021