1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Output: TC RH450 v. Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jarrett, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Jarrett

Jarrett

Jan 19, 2004
    Waxahachie, Tx
    I know the TC head is supposed to be 450 watts @ 4 ohms while the Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0 is supposed to be 900 watts @ 4 ohms, but has anyone compared these amps side by side through the same bass and cab(s) to get an idea of how they compare volume wise?

2. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

You may have better luck posting this question in the RH450 review thread...

3. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    The problem here is that any comparison involving relative knob positions is pointless. Only two factors really matter:

1) How loud can each one get and stay clean?
    2) How loud can each one get when dimed?

Lots of comparisons in volume with the Shuttles are using relative knob positions and fail to take into account gain staging and all that jazz. People just turn all the knobs to noon and expect the same volume.

Clip lights flashing doesn't mean the Shuttle's out of juice.

4. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I've not compared those directly. The RH450 seems to have a good bit more power than the Shuttle 6.0 if that helps.

More than anything, I suspect the major difference between the 9.0 and the rh450 will be the tone and response characteristics.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2020