1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Outputs on a bass big muff

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by keiththebassist, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

recently got a bass big muff and I'm kinda so so on it. It seems to really rob the natural character of my tone and has me going back to my Boss OD for most stuff.

There are two output jacks, one "dry" and one I believe is "effect" does anyone out there use both output jacks to have more control over the wet/dry signal blend?

How do you route the cables if you use both outputs? I'm not using it as the last effect in my chain so I'm a little confused on how I might rig it up.

Thanks

2. tk4207

tk4207

Sep 25, 2010
    My advice would be to find another pedal that will let you blend two inputs together, and rout them through one output. If I remember correctly, I believe the BOSS LS-2 can do this, but I'm not totally sure. Your routing would be each output from the Big Muff going into its own input in the LS-2, and then the output from the LS-2 going to the rest of your pedals.

3. Tractorr

Tractorr

Aug 23, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Use the effect out output. Set the pedal into the dry mode (switch in the down position). Then put the volume all the way down (counterclockwise). You will hear that only the dry signal is coming out. As you turn up the volume control more of the distorted signal will be added in. Adjust tone and sustain to taste. This way it will keep much of the tone and low end of your bass while adding the fuzz on top.

4. moles

moles

Jan 24, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB
    ^^^ More often than not, this is how I run things. Sometimes I like it in classic mode (or whatever it's called) with the drive set very low...
    I hear complaints about the "volume boost" when you run it in dry mode, but I don't find it to be that bad. I get around it these days by matching my compressor level (which is on whenever the BBM is off, and vice versa) to the out level of the BBM when it's blended the way I want it....get it? :)

5. Awesome! thanks for the help!

6. Also you can get an A/B/Y box and get both outputs returned into only 1. I used to use the Dry Mode but hated getting the Fuzz buried beneath both gui****s once the whole band kicked in.
    I use two amps now, but I don't think that's for everyone out there :p

7. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England