Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Oval/Thin Necks

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by smalltownriots, Jun 19, 2005.

1. smalltownriots

smalltownriots

Jun 9, 2005
    England
    Hi, does anyone knows who makes thin necks? Ive got a fender jazz mex standard , and ive tried out the Stu Hamm signature and i love the thin neck (i think its called oval?), so does anyone know a company who make these thin necks that will more importantly fit a j bass?

thank you for your help!

Xander

p.s what does MIM stand for? sorry for my ignorance

2. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    IMO Lakland and Dingwall basses have thin necks.

3. Rogier

Rogier

Feb 2, 2004
    And Jerzy Drozd makes them thin as hell...

4. smalltownriots

smalltownriots

Jun 9, 2005
    England
    thanks guys but i was hoping for a company that makes replacements to fit my fender jazz bass? :crying:

5. smalltownriots

smalltownriots

Jun 9, 2005
    England
    Can anyone give me any names of people who could either make, or sell replacement necks that are thinner than ur adverage j-bass neck, but will fit 'em still?

6. Rogier

Rogier

Feb 2, 2004
    Sorry, should have known what you were heading at. So, to make it up:

Vox Humana Guitars in the Netherlands. They make personal neck-replacements, i thought. Check their site... http://www.voxhumana.nl/

Btw. Hey! That's a very nice copy of the Charlie Hunter Guitar. Shame it's a copy. But hey, they make copies... I say email them!

7. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Have you tried places like Warmoth, All-Parts, Carvin?

8. smalltownriots

smalltownriots

Jun 9, 2005
    England
    i tried all Warmoth, All-Parts, and Carvin. All weren't much help. however i have contacted Vox and and waiting for a reply! thanks for your help!

9. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    If that doesn't pan out, USA Custom Guitars says that they'll make custom thickness necks.

Glenn D.