1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ovation Celebrity Acoustic 5-String

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alembicfive, Feb 18, 2003.

1. alembicfive

alembicfive

Jan 17, 2003
    USA
    About a year and a half ago I was shopping around for a decent 5-string acoustic. I came across a new Ovation at a Guitar Center in NY. It is a very nice bass, sounds pretty good unplugged and sounds great plugged in. The string spacing is bit narrow, but other then that it is a great playing bass.

The interesting thing is I have never seen another one! The one I bought was the only one they had (the salesman did not know much about) and it is not even listed on the Ovation web site. I emailed Ovation and they replied stating they only made a few as an experiment and would most likely not put it into production.

So it seems I have a rare bird......Anyone else out there in Bass Land have one?

[​IMG]

2. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I bought one recently from our own JT. It's definately a cool bass.

3. Gabu, one of my best friends hails from the LBC.

I definitely have a craving for a 5-string acoustic with a 34'' scale (if they exist). I know 4-string ones do.

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Nice Ovation, A5! I've always been fond of their stuff. I had an Ovation guitar, but ended up getting rid of it for a Seagull with a wider nut. I sure likes that Ovation, though...

Chris, go try a Tacoma!

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    :D Small world!

I believe that this one is a 32. The 34" Nylonwounds I just got for it are a little long.