Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ovation Celebrity Acoustic 5-String

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alembicfive, Feb 18, 2003.

1. alembicfive

alembicfive

Jan 17, 2003
    USA
    About a year and a half ago I was shopping around for a decent 5-string acoustic. I came across a new Ovation at a Guitar Center in NY. It is a very nice bass, sounds pretty good unplugged and sounds great plugged in. The string spacing is bit narrow, but other then that it is a great playing bass.

The interesting thing is I have never seen another one! The one I bought was the only one they had (the salesman did not know much about) and it is not even listed on the Ovation web site. I emailed Ovation and they replied stating they only made a few as an experiment and would most likely not put it into production.

So it seems I have a rare bird......Anyone else out there in Bass Land have one?

[​IMG]

2. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I bought one recently from our own JT. It's definately a cool bass.

3. Gabu, one of my best friends hails from the LBC.

I definitely have a craving for a 5-string acoustic with a 34'' scale (if they exist). I know 4-string ones do.

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Nice Ovation, A5! I've always been fond of their stuff. I had an Ovation guitar, but ended up getting rid of it for a Seagull with a wider nut. I sure likes that Ovation, though...

Chris, go try a Tacoma!

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    :D Small world!

I believe that this one is a 32. The 34" Nylonwounds I just got for it are a little long.