1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ovation Magnum I

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassinplace, Oct 29, 2010.

1. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    I really want one. Anyone got any good tips on where to find it?

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Ebay, Gbase, Diamondstrings, and occasionally in the TB classifieds.

3. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    No go on ebay as of yet. Didn't know about the other ones though, thanks.

4. Avalon

Avalon

Feb 28, 2009
    I hope you have a big wad of cash. They do show up on eBay aplenty, but the nice ones do come at a price.

5. GregDunn

GregDunn

Jan 8, 2009
    My daughter has had some luck finding Magnums via eBay and Craigslist (she collects them); if you're patient you can usually get them for around $500. Less than the cost of some new Fenders. :D They are solid, good sounding instruments.

6. lowendlucas

lowendlucas

Mar 12, 2010
    Portland, OR
    They do come up, occasionally cheaper, but almost exclusively that pertains to the less-collectible 3+4s. The first and second series command a greater dollar value, it seems. WHich sucks because I really want one!

7. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    I know what you mean-there's a 3 (or is it a 4) in our classifieds right now.
    But my experience is the 1's and 2's I've seen generally run in the $700 range +/-.
    I'm sure there are good deals to be found occasionally, but I havent come across one yet.

8. lowendlucas

lowendlucas

Mar 12, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I know. I was looking at one ebay that the guy is asking $1200 for. Is that just insane? You guys have any idea of what's fair for one of these, in say perfect condition?