Ovation USA to close

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by nashvillebill, Apr 23, 2014.

1. As if we didn't see this one coming...Fender has announced it will close the Connecticut factory that has made Ovation guitars for the last 45+ years.

The overseas production of Ovations will continue, however :(

2. The overseas production of Ovations will continue, however :([/QUOTE]
    a quick look at our main drag here is all you need to see.....money marts,tattoo parlors,fast food,income tax discounters,pawns,thrift shops.....i'm surprised that we actually make anything any more....
    from henry ford to taco bell,you can practically taste the decline/demise of the dream...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  3. gary m

gary m

Jan 17, 2011
    Mid -Atlantic
    Very sad. More American jobs lost, while the brainchild of Charles Kaman ends up as an offshore-only product. Watch the value of US made Ovations go up as a result. Grab that Magnum bass while you can.

4. you really have to wonder exactly what forces are at play to make building an instrument and shipping it thousands of miles to the market more feasible than building them here.....it cannot be as simple a matter as american labor costs....

5. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Regulatory compliance is a big one. Indonesia doesn't have to supply a safe workplace, worry about emissions of VOCs used in spraying paint, retirement and medical benefits, etc.

John

6. so we have priced ourselves out of a job.....i know that here the exposure of public sector pensions is huge and i'm not sure if it is sustainable....nice for those who have the clout to demand them but a burden for everyone else.....and another reason for employers to move offshore

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021