Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Over in the DB board...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor [DB]' started by Brendan, Jun 16, 2001.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    We have "Bass Humor & Gig Stories" While over in DB, they have simply "Bass Humor"... Is that implying something?:D:D

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I dare you post that over in DB. :D C'mon... I DOUBLE dare ya...

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I would...but I have escaped being Fuqua'd this far, and I'd like to remain in one peice...:)

4. LMAO

5. odie

odie Supporting Member

F-u-q-u-a !!

6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Maybe they don't have any gig stories because the audiences at their gigs aren't drunk/on Ex/on Oxy/on crank. :D

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    perhaps i should move this over there and get some input.

(evil moderator glee as i wallow in my power)

mwahahahahaha!!!

:D

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    JT...I mean this in the nicest possible way, but...you suck.

:D

9. Awww let him have his fun aye? He doesn't get out much... *coughs* ahem look at his posts!......

:D:D

Merls

10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

The gig stories are in Miscellaneous - look out for Don Higdon's Walter Woods mystery.

11. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

There's a real simple reason for that: In DB land, we file our gig stories under "MUSIC", while the BG contingent files their gig stories - and quite rightly so - together with "BASS HUMOR".....

Ba-dum-bum............SSSSSSPPPPLAAAAAASSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Good evening ladies and joims. Take my Ibanez......PLEASE!

Just flew in from MTV, and boy, are my ears tired! ba-DOOM!!!

But seriously folks, ya ever wonder why there aren't more specific forum headers in BG land? I mean, think about it, you crazy nuts.....maybe some of the names should be changed, cause they don't mean the same thing up there that they do down here....to make things more representative of what's really going on, may I suggest the following changes in the following BG forums:

AMPS should become the AMPEG SVT RuLeZ! Forum.

BASSES could be renamed PHALLIC EXTENSION CANOE PADDLES.

PICKUPS could become the POST-GIG/GROUPIE Forum.

TECHNIQUE would simply become the SLAP Forum.

GENERAL INSTRUCTION would be simplified as GIMME SUM TABZ.

MISCELLANEOUS could simply be called OFF TOPIC, and finally

OFF TOPIC could be changed to POLL: FLEA vs. JWC?

But seriously, folks.....WHOA!!! Nice toss there junior....yeah, I remember my first beer...thanks for all your contributions, but I prefer FRESH vegetables...OUCH!!!! ....FRESH vegetables, you hear me????

(GGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG)

12. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    There's a gem der DURRL. Now, normalee i Kan sae taht me is funeetime laff laff wthit ur ptsosts....

but you really broke the bank on that one. You've outdown yourself! I think my two new favortie forums are SLAP and GIMME SUM TABZ.

:) :D :) :D

ROTFLMAO.

13. rickbass

Personally, I'm waiting for the roundtable discussion with Ryknow, Fieldy, Drama and Pep of Switchblade Kittens, chaired by Fuqua.

14. Chris Fitzgerald, nice job hitting the nail on the head. The truth can hurt but most of the time the truth is funny.

:D:D

15. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    LMAO! :)
    Pkr2

16. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Is Ryknow the one who looks like Satan on crystal meth, or the pissed off clown-looking guy with what looks like two electric blue mucous-covered ponytails hanging off his chin?

Doesn't matter really - HEAD DISMAY could kick both their *sses with one endpin tied behind his back - but you're right, I'd pay good money to eavesdrop on that discussion.

17. Bruce Lindfield

That could describe any of them - you're going to have to be more specific! ;)

And I want to Moderate the "Gimme Sum Tabz Now!" forum - any reply that doesn't say "No, transcribe it yourself!" will be deleted! :D

18. rickbass

"Yeah! Tablature! I want someone to set our music to tab so the people who are inspired to play by watching us can play our songs. That's one of the best compliments we could ever get...."
    - Ryknow of Mudvayne

Chris - It's important to our musical exposure ;) - Gurgg on guitar, Ryknow on bass, Kud on vocals, (had to cancel some shows because he blew his pipes out), and sPaG on drums; the boys in action -

[​IMG]

19. Bruce Lindfield

I tend to think of them as "extras" who have slipped out of filming for the "Lord of the Rings" halfway through makeup! Yeah right we'll be back for the big battle scene at 06.00! "Dwarvish horde #53" or do they do all that with computers these days? ;)

20. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Last I checked, Halloween's still a few months off. Spray on, McDuff.....