1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Over last weekend, I realized that...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Alex1984, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    ...As much as I love the sound of a 215, I still love the 810 a lot more...

I was doing a direct side-by-side comparison between 2 EV 410 cabs and a Mesa 215 using my SVT-II. Finger style, the 215 provided a deep sound like no other. Punch-wise both are the same, with the 410s being a bit more articulate. However, with slap bass, the 215 provides too much midrange honk while the 410s provided clear, sizzling highs.

The 215 are great cabs in their own right and I think it'd KILL with a Mesa head, but at the same time, it loses the Ampeg-ness of the SVT.

What do you guys find between these configurations? Which 810 cabs do you guys feel bring out the best of the SVT?

2. Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I prefer 412s, best of both worlds. ;)

3. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    I tend to prefer a 610 or an 810 for modern rock, hard rock, and metal - and a 215 for classic rock, blues, and country... I also prefer Mesa and SWR cabs over Ampegs in those configurations - although Berg, Genz, and Eden cabs are really nice, too...

- georgestrings