Over octavated?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Stardanczer, Oct 30, 2002.

1. I am using a ZOOM 506 bass effect. I am trying to get a rumble so deep, that you can feel it more than you can hear it. I HAVE achieved that, BUT, any note deeper than my B (7th fret, E string), fuzzes out and becomes distorted. How might I be able to play my lower notes, and still maintain their clarity?
    PS please respond to:
  2. not sure... but i bet a better octave pedal will help ALOT... im not sure what your playing through but better or bigger speakers might help you in the low end.
  3. You could be overloading the effect, I'm with ImNot, getting a better octave pedal might help out.
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    The Zoom blows, get the EBS octaver.
  5. you can use a Digitech wammy to add somemore low end. that thing gets an engine like bass to it, its pretty impressive. I agree with the fact that zoom blows. The individual octave pedals work much better than multieffects units.

6. boss PS-5 tracks WAYY down to the low-B !
  7. Pitchshifting goes past my synthly-hood, I'm more into octaves myself... to bad about the confused effects you get every time you want to play chords. The EH Octave is very nice, cheaper than the boss one from what I remember (cheaper too).