1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Over the top stage antics

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Codymb, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Codymb

Codymb

Mar 26, 2007
    Burlington, NC
    My band is playing a show on Halloween, it's an outdoor gig in a field behind this guys house. He's throwing a huge party and likes metal. My band plays first and then another local metal band and then they've hired some DJ to play at the end of the night. This guy has spent a lot of money on this party and is paying us pretty well so we want to pull all the stops and put on an epic performance. My band is already known for being a little over the top, we're always very animated on stage and tend to be very interactive with the audience. We've pulled some pretty crazy stunts in the past but we want to take it up a notch for this show.

Any one have any ideas for some really outrageous stage antics? Remember, it's out doors, there's going to be a lot of people and the idea is to blow people away. The more grandiose the better.

2. squirt blood at everyone

3. Go to the butcher and buy a cows heart, put it in the snare. At the end of your set your drummer will stand up and cut up the drum and pull out the heart. Take a bite and throw it into the audience.

4. kander

kander Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Load up some pumpkins with some explosives and blow them up.

5. AN4E

AN4E Guest

Apr 2, 2009
    +1

6. oh, go look at some of the GWAR or Alice Cooper antics- plenty of ideas, there. Or get some blood spliffs- those things they use in the movies to simulate getting shot.

7. Sharko

Sharko

Jun 18, 2009
    Washington, DC
    "squibs" ...spliffs are something else... trust me

8. konodl18

konodl18

Jun 6, 2008
    Wisconsin
    HAHAHAHA

9. A bloody spliff sounds over the top.

10. Codymb

Codymb

Mar 26, 2007
    Burlington, NC
    Just talked to my band about this suggestion. We're going to do it.
    We have explosives already, we're going to go get some pumpkins the day before the show.

Any more suggestions?

11. Sharko

Sharko

Jun 18, 2009
    Washington, DC
    a SQUIB! ...if your spliff has blood in it you've really done something wrong

12. Codymb

Codymb

Mar 26, 2007
    Burlington, NC
    No, he's right, that would be over the top. It sounds perfect, smoking blood would be hardcore!

13. I got a suggestion. Practice blowing up a few pumpkins BEFORE the show. Pete Townsend lost part of his hearing to a stage explosion that was pumped up by both Keith Moon and a stage hand, though neither knew what the other was up to.

You don't want to turn the pumpkin into shrapnel, now do you?

edg

14. +1. Also, if you have one, smash an instrument onstage. :bag: That is NEVER forgotten.

15. Get your name in flames going on the backdrop for your last song. How you'd do it i have no idea but it'd be freakin' sweet.

16. Find somebody who can blow fireballs.

In theory, it's really simple. Hold the liquor in your mouth, get a flame, spit and (IMPORTANT) keep exhaling until it's all gone.

I've never tried it but I really, really want to. It's dirt cheap and apparently simple. Every time I bring it up, though, somebody goes nuts about how I'll screw it up and burn my lungs. I think they're full of crap, but they've always been able to talk me out of trying.

17. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Think along the lines of Jason vs. Freddy and just massacre the entire crowd...let the cops figure that one out.

Probably as over the top as you can go. Yeah, it's a little extreme but it's Halloween, right?

18. Learn to backflip with your bass.
    Flamethrowers
    set **** on fire
    Corpsepaint
    You know
    Lasers

19. lancimouspitt

lancimouspitt

Dec 10, 2008
    dayton Ohio
    Think of a few little things that will help set off anything you do that's going to be over the top.
    Add a fog machine and strobe lights into your show.
    That makes anything over the top look much better.

20. MazeMouse

MazeMouse

Jan 27, 2005
    Netherlands
    The Dillinger Escape Plan
    Nuff said ;)