Over with band...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by NewWaveBasser, May 22, 2002.

1. ...after a couple of concerts, the guitarist/vocalist/founder all of a sudden became apathetic (sp) and stopped being interested in the band, so the band has rehearsed...get this... TWICE THE LAST MONTH!!! (Not counting my personal practice on bass)

When the other guys appear to not care, to not send demos around or seek concerts, it seems to me the project is DEAD. Oh yeah the drummer left us due to personal problems.

Lesson learned: Take the bulls by the horn. I relied on my band leader and he went in another direction. So I expect to do this one last gig and leave the group.

How could I be such an @$$ and not shake things up?? Beats me. Now all I can do is reacquaint myself seriously with my bass and music. I plan on learning some guitar chords, practice bass like all the time with the help of the Orion demo program for drumbeats (yo!), and compose some songs and lyrics.

Plus, I want to do the more energetic stuff.

Oh yeah, I have all these downloads of lessons by LET'S GO and BLED AQUA to REALLY check out...

...but it sucks not having a band... though better than a procrastinating band that don't play.

I could also train myself on playing while singing...

2. I know how ya feel, man. A similar situation happened to my former band. It wasn't pretty...
  3. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Sorry to hear that, NWB. Unfortunately, not everyone will always be as commited as you. I'm sure you'll get another band together soon.
  4. I'm thinking of retreating and preparing a repertoire of originals and covers and then if possible assemble my band. I'd be singing too...

That means I need to prepare, practice, and really LEARN music.

Oh, well, I can always just solo bass in my home and see what comes up...
  5. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    same deal with me, our 1 guitarist just quit all of the sudden, and now we only ave 1 guitarist left. i'm looking into starting something new with the remaining guitarist. we get along really well, and play well together. hope it works out, and good luck to you too.
  6. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Musicians are flakes. Pretend musicians are even flakier.
  7. I have one question: How come we all have stories like this? Musicans have to be some of the most unreliable people going! For a group of people that are able to take the time to learn an instrument, I can't get over the fact that so many of them can't show up and play ... never mind a call to let you know they are not coming!
  8. It's like finding your wife, you have that special something that 'clicks'. (e.g. everyone works well, gets along great.)
  9. Man I called the other guitar player today and he doesn't understand that I'm pi***d we don't rehearse and he feels that one week is enough to prepare for a performance!

What the...? And he told me the guitarist/singer told him he called me when HE DIDN'T.

"He couldn't locate you"

"Yeah Riiiight! There is this wonderful thing called AN ANSWERING MACHINE WHICH I HAVE!!! And I have not received any messages from him... HELLOOOO"

This lack of formality sux!

Clearly a dead project. Stinx...