1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Overdrive: BDO-100 or even ODB-3?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kossu, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Kossu

Kossu

Oct 20, 2006
    As a quite new bass player I'm looking for a decently (<100 euros) priced overdrive pedal to use with my 5-string Ibanez BTB205. Mostly I would use it for metal in my band, but I think it could be useful in other styles as well.
    The local music shop sells both Behringer BDO-100:s and Boss ODB-3:s. I was wondering should I go with the cheap Behringer or save some money and buy the ODB-3? Is the Behringer worth anything in the low (ADADG-tuning) range? As far as metal is concerned, the distortion should be pretty sharp and aggressive, not too laid-back and soft.

2. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    I like the ODB-3, I'd reccomend it over any Behringer product.

But if you want overdrive, you might want to check out the DigiTech Bad Monkey. It's even cheaper, and sounds excellent.

-Dash

3. Kossu

Kossu

Oct 20, 2006
    Ok, thanks. I think they sell that one here too. How about the Digitech Death Metal distortion? Anyone tried that out?

4. DbNBassist

DbNBassist

Aug 12, 2006
    Britain
    The Death Metal looks cool and sound awesome on guitar, but i dont know how it would sound on bass, but for metal i would go for a normal overdrive, that extreme a distortion will sound just a mess and not very nice with aload of distorted guitars, get the Bad Monkey.

5. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    OlyWA...
    The Death Metal eliminates the need for a guitarist ;), and has great lowend but it is really noisy.