Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Overdrive/Distortion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ckulasekere, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Hi, I'm new to this section of the forum but I wanted to ask all you knowledgable people two things. First if what is the best overdrive sound pedal that is available for the bass. I want a nice round clean overdrive than a dirty distortion. The second question is how do you get harmonics using the bass on overdrive. Let me explain, I was watching a video clip of 7 or 8 of the biggest names in bass and Billy Sheehan was on it and he was the only one using some sort of overdrive and I like that sound, and every so often he would do something that sent the tone way high like an electric guitar. how does he do that and with what kind of a pedal can i achieve that sound. Thanks in advance

2. Wrong forum, this should be in effects.

Really there is no best overdrive pedal, a pedal you might like someone else might hate, you just have to try a lot.

3. thanks josh raines, i found the correct place but my question on how he gets that false harmonic still stands and i think that is technique. thanks for you input

4. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Moved to effects.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ