Overdrive/Fuzz on my board?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mikkejohansson, Feb 18, 2004.

1. I'm putting together a new pedalboard since I've upgraded some stuff.

What I'm putting on is this;

Boss TU-2 (hopefully soon with loooper micro A/B switch)
    Retrospec Squeezebox compressor
    Maxon Phasetone (reissue) phaser
    T-rex Tremster tremolo
    Boss CE-2 chorus

(I also plan on getting a new octavider, perhaps Boss OC-3?)

Now, my question is this: Which out of the following overdrive pedals (which I have, or will have soon enough) should i put on as my "first-choice"? I like them all, so just bring your opinion on them and I'll see if i "care" :)

The pedals are:

Proco the RAT (70s/80s)
    Frantone Cream Puff (Fuzz)
    Ibanez TS9dx (modded to bass-friendly)
    DoD 250 (my friend is going to the US in march - mucho cheaper!)

...maybe I'll keep an "open" space on the board for whichever serves the best purpose of the gig - but hey, what do YOU think?
  2. Fender4life

Feb 18, 2004
    I think you should go with the Ibanez TS9dx :bassist: !
  3. For overdrive check out the Fulltone Bassdrive. It's a great, natural sounding pedal that doesn't affect your basses tone.
    For fuzz, check out the Pharoah Uptown Fuzz, another great sounding pedal that preserves your tone. (http://www.pharaohamps.com/uptown.htm)
    And they're both true bypass.
    You can also check out pedalgeek.com or musictoyz.com for more info and prices.
    Hope that helps!
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    On my pedalboard I use the following fuzz/overdrives:

EHX Big Muff
    EHX Double Muff
    DOD 250
    DOD 250 Reissue

They're all a bit different, and I use them all! Might have to get a few there buddy ;)
  5. :)

I know! I'm in no way implying my colllection to be anywhere near COMPLETE! The hunt continues...

Most desirable right now is the Fulltone i often feel that it just might be the "holy grail" I've been looking for...

For now, I thnik I've decided to make my board with enough empty space to accomodate at least one of the above, and then change for the gig... Sounds wise?