1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Overdrive similar as pushing an amp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Music_for_life, May 18, 2012.

1. Music_for_life

Music_for_life

Aug 6, 2010
    I mean a natural overdrive not very aggresive but to add more growl, a subtle overdrive

By the way this is my current setup
    Musicman SR5 piezo
    Fender Roscoe beck 5
    Gallien Krueger 1001 RBll
    Hartke 4x10 XL
    DBX 160A
    Sadowsky outboard Pre

I need an option of this (the ones available in Argentina) that can be compatible with my sadowsky preamp.
    1-sansamp bddi
    2-sansamp vt dlx
    3-sansamp para driver
    4-boss odb3
    5-bass blogger eh
    6-mxr m80 dist
    7-mxr 181 blowtorch
    8-bass big muff
    9-gk diesel dawg
    10-digitech bass driver

I know some of them are preamps but I am considering them cause, I think they are of good quality plus they can be used as an effect plus I will have other preamp other than my sadowsky for recording in the studio

2. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    I added one to the end. As a passive pedal, it works well to add a little grunt, very low gain.

3. Digitech Bad Monkey!

4. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    The Bad Monkey and others that have an EQ section are definitely good options. Even better if they have a clean blend, giving you more options for adding in the overdrive -- though you can use a Boss LS-2 or similar to blend in any overdrive pedal to your chain when they don't have a clean blend knob.

5. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    Of the units you mentioned I only know the M80 and the VT deluxe. I had my M80 for 3 days before I replaced it with the VT deluxe which I've had ever since. It has a big range of tones from subtle to heavy but it does need some clean blended in if you're cranking it hard.

6. Music_for_life

Music_for_life

Aug 6, 2010
    I wish I could buy the bad monkey and the other options...but here they sell only the one I listed above

7. Music_for_life

Music_for_life

Aug 6, 2010
    Do you think it could be used combined with the sadowsky pre??
    It is similar to the bddi, or the para driver??
    It costs 600 usd here, very expensive but I can pay in monthly instalments.

8. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    Ouch. It has a similar sticker price in Australia, but I got it online from the US for $313 inc shipping.
    I don't know how it would sound with the sadowsky.
    It's probably closer to the Para Driver because it has a mid control, but I've never used the PDDI or BDDI.

9. Wren and cuff phat phuk maybe that's what I use it for anyways.

10. Moloch666

Moloch666

Apr 22, 2012
    I use a MXR Blowtorch, awesome pedal.
    Can use it to get that bit of bite all the way up to chunky fuzz. Two mode distortion/fuzz, mid shift EQ and blend knob.

I'd recommend you try one out. =D

11. ergbass

ergbass

Nov 26, 2010
    Argentina
    Hola compatriota y colega :) .
    De la lista lo mas indicado me parece el sansamp, si bien a mi no me agrada, se acerca un poco ael sonido de un ampeg "crankeado"
    Aca te van a recomendar muchas opciones buenisimas q desde ya aca no se consiguen, pero si buscas hay mucha gente trayendo a pedido.
    Suerte en la busqueda!