Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

overdrived songs

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by azeng808, Aug 24, 2005.

1. azeng808

azeng808

Dec 12, 2004
    can you guys name me some of your favorite overdrived bass songs?

2. Wow there are a ton of overdriven bass songs out there. The first one to pop into my mind was "All Around the World" by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Basically, if you listen to rock today, you aren't gonna hear a lot of bass that isn't overdriven to some degree.

3. I was thinking Song 2 by Blur. It's exceedingly simple, but pretty fun to play. The Union by Taking Back Sunday, if you're into "emo." It's a bit hard to pick out the fills though (at least for me). Queens of the Stone Age seem to use bass distortion/overdrive on most of their songs. I agree that it shouldn't be too hard to find examples of overdrive if you just pick through your CD collection. I noticed it on an old Third Eye Blind CD not that long ago.

4. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

I thought 'Around The World' was just fuzz? I may be wrong, but it sounds good with fuzz too...

A good one I've been working on recently is 'Cochise' by Audioslave... I'm dretty sure that's got overdrive, though I haven't actually got an overdrive pedal yet! (It's on it's way ;P).

5. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    almost anything by failure...

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Ahem...overdriven.

7. What!! Timmy C from Audioslave use overdrive... NEVER! :p

pretty much all of RATM and Audioslave contains overdriven bass, btw, Bass Player mag did a great interview (all be-it, the month after Bass Guitar mag did one on him o_O)

8. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    The Other Woman by Ray Parker Jr.

9. King Crimson's RED. Your search will be over.