Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Overkill - Half past dead

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Negret, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Negret

Negret

Jul 10, 2003
    I'm searching a tab for that Song

"Half past dead" by Overkill.

Thank you.

2. I don't have tabs but I know you'll need a doubleneck bass with a 4-string neck and an 8-string neck. You'll also need a bass wah for the solo. Good luck.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I don't know if that 8 string neck deal is really all that nessicary. But the distorion and wah are for the solo.

4. Yeah, maybe an octave pedal would do something similar...

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Do you mean 8 string as in giving you 8 strings or 4 strings plus 4 "octave" strings? Because, if you mean 4+4 kind, then are you saying the opening riff is bass? Because I don't think so, I think the bass comes in with the drums, I could be wrong though... actually hold on... I have it on KaZaA...

wow... that's bass? I've played a 8 string before and I guess it does sound like that. Way cool. Uhm maybe an octave pedal would work. Wow, that is a bass song. Is there only one guitarist? I assumed like most metal bands the bass was low in the mix until the solo, I knew that was bass. ;)

Regardless, a fantastic song. :bassist: I need to buy some overkill.

6. Yes it is. D.D. Verni is da man.

There are two guitarists.

Try "Years Of Decay" or "Horrorscope", probably their best albums. :bassist: