Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mark beem, Jun 20, 2003.

1. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama

Look at that neck joint!!

I doubt a thermonuclear explosion could move that thing!!!

Here's the front BTW...

2. That is one very sexy fine bass, I love Ebony(the wood) Plus 6ers kick ass. I like to play 4's too but, they are both fun.
  3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Ritter's "screw jobs" always left me scratching my head.

But, when you get into the physics of an electric bass, (and I have no grasp of physics), I cannot question that design decision. The poundsof-pull demands put on a multi-string, attached, bass neck strung with heavy strings are just incredible!

And, I'd love to own a Ritter.
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Well it's more extravaganza than anything else, but that's Jens - and in any case it won't hurt the sound.
  5. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    There's German engineering for you...
  6. make some thing good. then turn it in to a tank.
  7. Where can I buy shares in the bolt company that supplies Jens?
    :D ;)
  8. I'm not much of a fan of basses with non-traditional body shapes, but I really dig the shapes of Ritters. Every one I've seen has given me GAS. Maybe some day I'll pick one up.

I don't mind all the bolts - looks kind of funky, but I'm sure the neck is quite stable. My RB5 has a 6 bolt neck joint that is solid as a rock.
  9. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    what an ugly bass,its a shame to see a person who is extremely talented wasting wood and time with such wierd bass.IMO
  10. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Once I get my Conklins all squared away (3 more, I think), I'd like to get a fretted seal 7 and a fretless okon 7. Jens does good work from what I hear.
  11. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Yea, Jens is a great wood worker. His basses are top notch!!! Heres my Okon (built for me) in process. Its a little different design of the okon, Jens calls it a proto-type..... looks the same to me :)
    It will have a Blue Burst finish.... I'm stoked about it!

If you go to Ritter's site under info he tells his theory behind his madness.

Oh yea, and heres my other baby being built if your interested :)
  12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    As my uncle Lloyd (RIP) would have said, "THAT oughtta hold the sonuvabitch!"
  13. cameronb000

Jun 18, 2003
    Space City
  14. (sorry warwickben, accidentally quoted ya.)

Warwick is a german company.

Watch yo'self, less yall get smacked yo.

15. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Nominated as the best quote ever.
  16. ChildoftheKorn

May 21, 2003
    whata re you talking about geezer thats probably one of the most beautiful basses ive ever seen

17. ritters... they don't over do it, love to play one one day, but odds are I wont

They look amazing
  18. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ritter basses are awesome - i've played a few and they are great great basses. when i get some dough again, i am going to own that gold seal 7 string that he has shown in the past.
  19. Looks like they went screw crazy...

I personally like the bass,and I'd take 11 screws over like 3....also,it's a "chunky" bass,I'm sure it needs it:D

20. Tronictq

Jan 23, 2001
    Umm..... is this a neck-thru bass?