Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

overloading impedences???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Irie01, May 28, 2002.

1. Irie01

Irie01

Jan 22, 2002
    I have a question concerning the rig I just got. I got the ampeg svt-4pro and a (classic)svt410hlf. The hlf is 4ohms and 500/RMS and 1000 programing. First of all, could someone explain the differences of this RMSwatt/programming watt to me and how does it work. What I wanted to know is if it would be possible to in the future add another 8ohm 15cab without damaging or overloading anything considering the 4ohm hlf. Please let me know. I also want to know what the difference between the mono/bridged mode and the regular stereo on the svt-pro if anyone knows.Also, as dumb as I feel asking this, when I plug the speaker cables from my amp to the cab, should there be two cables going from the preamp A and B spots or just one?Thanks everyone.

2. All these question have been answered thouroughly in the past. Run a search, see what you come up with. If you have any questions left, get back here.

Regards,
    Joris.