1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

overloading impedences???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Irie01, May 28, 2002.

1. Irie01

Irie01

Jan 22, 2002
    I have a question concerning the rig I just got. I got the ampeg svt-4pro and a (classic)svt410hlf. The hlf is 4ohms and 500/RMS and 1000 programing. First of all, could someone explain the differences of this RMSwatt/programming watt to me and how does it work. What I wanted to know is if it would be possible to in the future add another 8ohm 15cab without damaging or overloading anything considering the 4ohm hlf. Please let me know. I also want to know what the difference between the mono/bridged mode and the regular stereo on the svt-pro if anyone knows.Also, as dumb as I feel asking this, when I plug the speaker cables from my amp to the cab, should there be two cables going from the preamp A and B spots or just one?Thanks everyone.

2. All these question have been answered thouroughly in the past. Run a search, see what you come up with. If you have any questions left, get back here.

Regards,
    Joris.