Overseas shipping

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BobaMosfett, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Hi there!

Is there anybody from Holland or some other european country that has experience with ordering a bass from Basscentral?

I'm thinking about ordering there because of the huge price difference, but I'm hesitating...

2. Hi, I ordered a bass from a US source about 1 year ago.

You have to pay 2 additional fees on top of the bass, the shipping and the insurance for the shipping!

Firstly, import duty. And from what I can gather it is about 3.7% for all of the EU.

So, add up your bass, shipping and insurance charge, then add 3.7% to that (yes, you pay import duty on the shipping and insurance costs!).

Once you have that figure, add your country's VAT or whatever the tax is - in the UK it's 17.5%.

So, you then add 17.5% to the subtotal you already calculated when adding the import duty (so yes, you then pay VAT on the shipping and insurance fees!)

All in, I think I calculated the total extra fees at 21.8% of the totla price you pay to basscentral for bass, shipping and insurance!

Hope this helps!

Note: I didn't order my bass from BAssCentral though....
  3. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    I never ordered anything from BassCentral, but based on their reputation here on TB, and on my phone conversations with them, I wouldn't hesitate for a second. Other outfits that I did order from and that are also very good are Bass Alone and BassNW.