1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Overtanned blondes

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by disenchant, Aug 20, 2007.

1. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    I see this look quite often on women.

It's the over-tanned body and face with the bleached blonde hair. Oh, and the shimmery copper lipstick.

Seriously, is there ANY guy out there that find that attractive? I see this look all over so I'm wondering if there is a special species of guy who loves this look.

2. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    Doesn't do it for me.

Incidentally, there's (almost ;) ) no bigger turn-off than a girl who appears to be brown from head to foot, but who turns out to be wearing a "skin bikini" when the actual bikini comes off :meh: .

That's just laughable.

3. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Ick...........

A persons hair should never be lighter than their skin.

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Well, they won't go after that look if no one finds it attractive.

5. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I used to see 'em all over in Florida, which I figured was their natural habitat. Over-use of gold jewelry is another calling card of theirs.

I've never seen a woman matching this description out with a guy, so I dunno who likes 'em. I guess they look good to some fellas after a few margaritas.

Aside from being unattractive, women with that particular appearance look too much like Billy Sheehan.

6. mattpnolan

mattpnolan Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    I don't like blondes at all to begin with, but skin cancer waiting to happen is groooooosssssssssssssssssssss!

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Yuck.
    I like pale skins and dark hair.
    Needless to say, the blonde b(l)each girl leaves me cold.
    It's worth adding that this model ages very badly.
    At 40 they start looking very wrinkled and aged already while most brunettes still are in their primes.

8. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Yup, at 40 they have skin like a leather purse.............

9. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    Wow....They have 'em in Europe?

10. Oh the brunettes tan too.

I just can't stand looking at people who are roughly the same colour as bacon. But the ones with blonde hair are just that much more frightening to me.

11. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Me and my ex call those "the carrots" they usually wear that artificial orange tan and some king of shini pircing near their lips or in her bellyeye.

12. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    This is true.

Overly tanned blondes are not as hot as if they'd just had kind-of-a-normal tan or no tan at all. Blondes themselves are a fantastic creation of evolution...but too much of a tan is a really bad thing, even more so if it's a FAKE tan. Groooooooss.

13. Big Yuck here...

14. Good question.... and an equally simple answer too: NO. I think these delusional females get this ideal-of-beauty details you acurately described in the OP is a direct result of TOO MUCH TELEVISION. The media over-promotes this 'standard' of beauty on so many differant kind of shows.. that it reached the over-satuaration point years ago.. but for some reason women are still buying into it. :rolleyes:

But it gets really ridiculous when I see asian or black women with blond hair.. getting boob jobs and even trying to get tans! :spit: :spit: :spit: (what an awful waste.. IMO)

15. Billy Low

Billy Low

Apr 14, 2003
    Chicago
    Sandberg Guitars
    I really don't care too much for blondes. Dark hair. Dark skin Au natural. No fakers please!

16. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    ahaha, same here, best line ever was "OMG! look! it's a walking AND talking carrot!"

:D

17. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    And blondes arn't where it's at. Redheads FTW!

18. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Nope. I don't dig that look at all. Carrots!

Joe

19. Jeff Martinez

Jeff Martinez

May 10, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Big turn-off for me. I like chunky goth betty's. :D

20. Billy Low

Billy Low

Apr 14, 2003
    Chicago
    Sandberg Guitars
    My sisters are fair skinned black women, and they tan. They all have natural blonde streaks in their hair and I must say (as much as it pains me in that sibling way) that they are all drop dead GORGEOUS! I am a light caramel toned black man, and I easily tan from direct or indirect sunlight (even snow). I tend to not mind the tanning effect to my skin tone, it adds a richness. I kinda get that "Coffee w/a touch of Cream" tone.

AND THE CHICKS DIG IT!!!!

FWIW, I don't like fake blondes of any racial background!