Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Overwater Expression

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dwjazz54, Sep 24, 2005.

1. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

Jan 21, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ
    Has anyone checked out the new Overwater Expression ABG? I'm in the market for a high-end 6-string ABG on which to play unconventional "acoustic" stuff (I'd surely never be playing a show unplugged, so I don't care about the "never loud enough vs. one or two acoustic guitars" debate).

Just wondering if anyone has checked 'em out. Playability? Tone? etc.

Peace.

2. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

Jan 21, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ
    And..........bump.

3. Seems like no one's checked out Overwaters - only thread's I've seen are things from a few years ago critical of a hard sell. I've liked the Progress ever since I saw one upclose last year - just can't afford the price and the shipping will kill me. Thye don't advertise in Bass Player, but do in other Bass mags. I've heard nothing but great things from people who play them, and the folks there have been quite kind in emails. I just don't have the 4K+USD for what I'd like to have - so it remains a dream until my ship comes in...and since today's my birthday, that marks another year that it hasn't.

4. I had a Progress a fre years ago. The craftsmanship was impeccable.. it was a beautiful bass.

It sounded horrible though - very thin and sterile.

I know a lot of people use them and love them, though. I've seen the ABG, but haven't played or heard it. It looks amazing, if that's anything to go by.

5. Jump

Jump

Sep 5, 2005
    I have a couple of Original series 4 strings - stunning to look at and to play, incredible necks. I had the original pickups replaced with Wals some years ago and have never regretted it for a second! They really growl...

Chris and the guys at Overwater are an absolute pleasure to deal with.