1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Overwater J5 Custom Lined Fretless 5-String | Handmade in UK. Fresh pics

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassanomaly, Jul 21, 2019.

1. bassanomaly

bassanomaly Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Maryland, USA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Overwater J5 Custom 5-String Lined Fretless Bass
    Phil Mann Signature Custom model

Build complete: July, 2019

This beautiful fretless bass was custom designed and handmade in the UK by Overwater Basses. It is literally the only one of its kind. It is a custom-designed, handmade, fretless bass.

Here's the backstory:
    I own the fretted version of this bass (Phil Mann Signature Custom). After the build process of the original fretted version was complete, I was able to work with the builder to build an almost identical bass as a lined fretless. This gorgeous bass is the result.

• 24-fret
    • 34" scale
    • Deep-pocket neck joint for enhanced tone/sustain

This is a beautiful bass. But it sounds as good as it looks. One big reason is the John East J-Retro Deluxe onboard preamp. This preamp is one of THE most versatile preamps available... especially since it has a parametric EQ on the sweepable mids, allowing you to easily dial in THAT fretless tone.

Bass weighs in at 9lb 12oz. It is perfectly balanced at the neck joint, so you can play for hours with no fatigue.

Note: As you'll see in the photos, there is a lacquer repair on the back of this bass at the through-body stringing access point. It's only cosmetic, but there is a little discoloration as a result. The price has been dropped as a result.

So why am I selling? Honestly, I'm just not a fretless guy. But if fretless is your thing, you'll be hard-pressed to find a better sounding & better looking fretless bass (also comes with a black pickguard).

With shipping, customs fees and hardshell case, this bass retails for well over $5400 and takes approximately 16-20 weeks to build. Avoid the wait, pay a lot less and enjoy this today. This is a phenomenal deal!

Continental US Only.
    Shipping included in price.

Specs:

• Handmade in the UK by Overwater Basses
    • Finished & shipped to the US: Spring, 2019
    • Highly Figured Swamp Ash top
    • Swamp Ash body w/ black veneer accent line
    • Ebony Fingerboard with brown fretline inlays & mother-of-pearl side dots
    • 3-Piece Maple Neck w/ stiffening bars (slim D-shape)
    • 24 fret / 34" scale with Extended Bolt-On
    • Nut width: 46mm / Bridge width: 18mm
    • Hipshot Ultralite Tuning Machines
    • Hipshot Type-A Brass Bridge (Chrome Finish)
    • Overwater Noiseless J Pickups
    • John East OW J-Retro Deluxe preamp (flat-response)
    • Neutrik Locking 1/4" Output Jack
    • Dunlop Recessed Straplocks
    • Overwater Hiscox Hardshell case
    • Weight: 9lb 12 oz
    • new D'Addario Chromes (strung E-C)
    • BONUS: Black pickguard
    IMG_3739. IMG_3742.JPG IMG_3739. IMG_3740. IMG_3743.JPG IMG_3744. IMG_3746.JPG IMG_3747.JPG IMG_3748.JPG IMG_3745. JM PMS 5. CoA-Fretless.JPG IMG_3210.JPG

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  2. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Would love to get this and your other Overwater bass

3. bassanomaly

Mar 6, 2019
    Maryland, USA
    Yeah, it’s like I’m practically an Overwater dealer... lol. Hit me up and I’ll give you a bulk discount.

4. You've no clue how much I hate that I can't afford this. Heh. But she sure is purty. I Wish... you luck with your sale.

5. bassanomaly

Mar 6, 2019
    Maryland, USA
    Thanks. This one's a gem, for sure. I'm in no hurry to let her go.

6. JohnDL

JohnDL

Apr 27, 2019
    West Wales, UK
    That is an absolutely beautiful bass!

7. bassanomaly

Mar 6, 2019
    Maryland, USA
    Thanks! I picked out everything on it. As pretty as it is, my favorite thing about it is the ability to dial in some amazing fretless tones with the parametric mid-sweep. It sounds as beautiful as it looks.

8. JohnDL

JohnDL

Apr 27, 2019
    West Wales, UK
    You're welcome, I'm very happy to complement you on your choice of bass and yeah I bet that bass sounds as beautiful as it looks. If I could afford a custom Jazz bass it would definitely be an Overwater!

bassanomaly likes this.
  9. gcbake

gcbake Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Former Ampeg Regional Touring Artist, Currently Playing Overwater Basses
    I play Overwater basses so bump for your awesome bass!!!