1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Overwater Perception Std

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BadBass, Apr 8, 2006.

1. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    Has anyone played one of these yet? I am looking at a Perception Std Deluxe 6.

Any comments on them generally would be much appreciated!!

Theyre not being built in Prague yet though are they??

Bad Bass:bassist:

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    You will always be hard pressed to find a better built british bass and they are still effectively hand made british basses, just an awesome deal.

I've played a few Overwaters and they have the best B ever and I've got a Pedulla Rapture JJ2 5 for my 5 string and the B's on Overwater smoke the ped just unreal.

Go check them out there real nice guys over at overwater.

Hope this helps

3. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    I have been to Overwater, fantastic day out, going again this year. Never tried the Perception though, thats why I am wondering what theyre like?

What neck length was this bass you talk about, 36"? I have played a fantastic Progress Elite 6 with a 36" neck...WOW!!!

The Perceptions are 35" I think though? Probably be alright with heavy guage strings on though, like my teachers Smith BT6 (34" neck)

BB:bassist:

4. Funkzfly

Funkzfly

Jun 15, 2005
    Sei...though I'd generally agree on the Overwater statement.

5. Got to admit that Overwater's are nice. Until you play a Sei.... see www.seibass.com ..My dream bass.. which I might be able to order in a few months time....

Cheers