1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Overwater Progress Elite 1450

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fishdreams, Nov 3, 2015.

1. fishdreams

fishdreams Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing: Arkham Vacuum Tube Amplification and and Martin Keith Guitars
    Price:
    Strings:
    I would describe the sound of this bass as direct, very even across the frequency spectrum (real bottom instead of a low mid boost), and even over all 24 frets, for that matter), very quick and precise with a 'woody afterglow', for lack of a better term. If I had to compare it to something, I'd say it reminds me of the few Alembics I have played in stores, just a tad darker and more woody. I played it in a church recently, and for that kind of gig and setup (going through a keyboard amp DI-ed into a PA) it works perfectly.

In terms of build quality, this is the best bass I have. I have been playing this bass on gigs for the 2 years that I've owned it. It balances great on the strap, sits in a busy mix fantastically (it shone in free improv big band situations), allows for a low setup, and is a breeze to play. The tone of this pops without any clanginess, and the electronics (no passive mode) are super clear and transparent. If your playing regular gun-for-hire stuff, weddings or studio work and such, this could be your Swiss Army knife. I am on a different musical trip now, and looking for a more open tonal spectrum that mates better with my fretless Linc.

I am not the first owner, (I think it is from 2008), I have played this bass on gigs, and there are some tiny scratches here and there (top of the headstock and other obvious places). There is a small dent that I should mention, which is on the back of the neck near the 9th fret. (I've tried to show it in one of the pictures.) Weight is about 9lbs (8lbs 9oz), neck is a fairly slim C-profile, full nut width is 1.62". To me it feels between J- and P-bass, a bit closer to a P-bass nut width as such. Visually the most spectacular are the wildly striped ebony top and back, the fretboard inlays, and how the neck evolves into the body. It came without a case; I will ship it in an old cheap bass case that will secure it for shipping. Price is 1450 incl. CONUS shipping & paypal.

For more (and better-lit) pictures and additional description of this particular instrument, see below link (where I bought this bass)
    Luthiers Access Group | Overwater Progress Elite Custom Bass Guitar

For new prices, builder specs, and so on, see Overwater Progress Bass Guitar . To have this bass built today would be over $5K (being conservative)

Trade interest (-/+ cash)
    -passive 4 strings
    -6 strings
    -German Warwicks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    fretno and echo008 like this.
  2. fishdreams

Sep 4, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Lowered price bump

bassmahn likes this.
  3. For those not familiar with Overwater basses, Chris May produces some of the finest 'workhorse' basses in the UK. He's a bit like Roger Sadowsky in that his instruments are used by many of the pro musicians doing regular recording sessions and holding down pro gigs on the London West End circuit.

I don't know this particular model, but it doesn't surprise me at all that it's referred to as being very versatile.
    Chris's instruments are also used by the very popular bass educator, Scott Divine.
    Overwater produces very good instruments. BTW, I have no connections or financial interest in Overwater Guitars just in case anyone is wondering.

theretheyare likes this.
  4. fishdreams

Sep 4, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    godley69 likes this.
  5. fishdreams

Sep 4, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Lowered price bump

6. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Where in NY?

7. fishdreams

Sep 4, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Brooklyn. PM me if you want to come check it out

8. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Amazing.

theretheyare likes this.
  9. fishdreams

Sep 4, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Expanded trade interests

10. fishdreams

Sep 4, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Sold pending payment

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 23, 2021