1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Overwater Scott Devine Signature J-Series Jazz Bass (2018) - Handmade UK Awesomeness!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tb-player, Aug 1, 2019.

1. tb-player

tb-player Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Price:
    Strings:
    Overwater Scott Devine Signature J-Series Jazz Bass (2018)
    Perfect Condition

This is a really cool handmade bass from Overwater Bass in the UK. It's the very popular 33" scale Scott Devine Signature model with 16.5" string spacing. Scott Devine is the founder and instructor at Scott's Bass Lessons. This is the bass he is seen frequently using in his instructional videos.

The bass is of the highest quality. It’s hand-crafted, super lightweight (a little over 8lb) and very fast. It has a very quiet, active buffered preamp (to prevent line loss) with an extremely responsive passive EQ. The tight string spacing focuses on economy of movement, making this a very fast player and an easy transition for those who play 5 & 6-string basses with tighter string spacing.

This instrument is really something special, and as close to new as you can get. Truly mint!

Retail cost: $3200 plus shipping($100) and customs fees($200)

At this price, this beautiful, handmade, boutique instrument won't last long.

Continental US only.

Specs:
    • Swamp Ash body with Maple Neck
    • Natural Satin Finish
    • Hipshot Ultralight Machine Tuners
    • OW Mono Rail bridge with 16.5mm string spacing
    • OW Noiseless JJ pickups
    • Active Buffer Preamp with passive EQ
    • OW Turned Knobs
    • Overwater/Hiscox Hard case

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    RedBadger, 707GK, r10 and 4 others like this.
  2. If only I could play like Scott!! I love the fantastic tone of this bass.

3. Why are you selling this bass? Is there a huge difference going between this and a bass wit std string spacing? I've always loved the look and tone of Scott's jazz bass but I'm a little worried that the tight string spacing may not work for me.

4. tb-player

tb-player Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2019
    I'm actually selling all of my high-end basses for financial reasons. I only play once a month these days and I have a lot of boutique basses... especially Overwaters. Of all my Overwaters, this one's probably my favorite to play. It's super lightweight and the 16.5mm string spacing really does make it easier to play faster. Economy of movement is a real thing! It even works well for slap.

When I transition to my 19mm 4-string, there's obviously a difference. I typically just run scales or arpeggios for a couple of minutes, and my muscle memory takes over. It's really not that big of a deal to go from one to the other. But I must admit, this one's more fun to play. And transitioning back to 16.5mm is no big deal either. (It's similar to going between 18mm five strings and 19mm four strings.)

B-Lo and TN WOODMAN like this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021