Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ow. My wrists....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Sheep Man, Mar 18, 2003.

1. So I went snowboarding with some friends today, but I didn't have any gloves so I had to buy some at the local sports store.

Anyway, I think the gloves I got were too tight or something, because now my wrists hurt. Every time I leave my hands dangling or pointed towards the floor the back of my wrist starts to hurt like there's too much blood in there, and it feels like my hand is going to burst. The same thing happens when I make a fist, although the pain isn't quite as intense.

Does anyone know what that might be?

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That is....strange.....maybe you pinched something

3. fattbac

fattbac

Dec 20, 2002
    fredericksburg va
    swollen hand blues

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I don't know about the gloves - but if you don't stop it you'll go blind;) :D :D

Sorry, couldn't resisit it!

5. :eek:

Well, I just woke up and it seems to have gotten significantly better, although I can still feel a very minute amount of pain in my left wrist. I hope it's al gone by the end of the day. :)

6. Did you fall and jam your hands into the slope? I bruised a couple tendons that way a few weeks ago.

7. That actually happened to me. I just waited it out for them to get better and they did.

8. I didn't jam my hands on anything, or at least nothing that hurt when I did it. I was taught to take a fall on your fists when snowboarding, so that's pretty much what I did all day.

I hope it gets better soon, because walking gets kind of awkward when my hands hurt resting by my side.

9. That kind of thing happened to me all the time when i first took up snowboarding. After a while you leanr how to properly fall and get back up and your wrist injuries should be signifiacantly less and falling on your wrists can make hard impacts on your wrists and thats no good. Good luck on future trips to the hill:)

10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    get well soon man, the world needs your hands in action