1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

owing to the C# thread in bass forum...

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by toytech, Aug 26, 2007.

1. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    I am now gassing for a sub contra bass 4 string ala JAUQO IIIX's after hearing his cd and being impressed with the fact that the low frequencies were not only audible, but clear and musical as well! I am not able to afford a full on custom like his Adler, but I am curious as to what I should look for in a bass to convert. I would assume that I would probably set it up volumn only (who would make a pre for those frequencies?)
    and neck stability would be important as well as pickup choice... am I crazy? good crazy? bad crazy?
    Chris:ninja:

2. You'll have to go to talkkontrabass then :smug:

3. I think nearly all pre-amps will begin to tail off slightly as you approach 20 Hz and beyond, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it. I'd be more concerned about the rig you'll play it through.

4. I believe that is a real German Upright sight. just so you know.

5. Billy Low

Billy Low

Apr 14, 2003
    Chicago
    Sandberg Guitars
    How about you just ask Jauqo himself?!?! I'm sure (as I stated on the other thread) he would be considered THE authority on this subject.

6. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    I may just do that.